Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 3

Weird fact of the day: In all of Holguín, I found exactly two traffic lights.

Now I'm on my way to Santiago de Cuba using a Viazul bus. It was supposed to leave at 9am (though I only heard that from two people, and never saw a written timetable). It finally arrived at short past ten... But well, as long as it gets me to Santiago, I'm not complaining ;-)

In Santiago, my previous host Gustavo arranged a casa for me that is run by his niece. He also said they would pick me up from the bus station - which they did, but of course it cost extra which he didn't care to mention...

Apart from that, the casa is really nice with a great view and a rooftop terrace. I spent some time there reading - finally finishing the latest part of the Game of Thrones series, Dance of Dragons (I have to say, I am a little disappointed by this one - there is way too much text for the amount of story in it... But maybe the next one will be better again)