Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 16: Playa Ancón

I hadn't planed to spend four nights in Trinidad, but since I'd heard great things about Playa Ancón, I had to see it for myself. The initial plan was to rent a bicycle to get there, and then do a snorkeling tour.

What I didn't figure into this plan, however, was that I had a couple of chores to do in the morning (exchanging money, post office, and the like). So by the time I was done, the shop that rents out bicycles had none left - apparently they have exactly two, and they're the only bike rental in town...

So I chose to hike the 16 km to the beach along the nice coastal road. However, by the time I got to the beach, there were no more snorkeling tours. So I just sat around for a bit reading and then took a taxi back into town.

The hike seemed to be quite exhausting, because I fell into my bed at around 8pm...