Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 39: Teatro Colón

In the afternoon I visited the gorgeous Teatro Colón. The guided tours are pretty expensive, but hey - how else would you get to set foot inside the president's private box?



Besides, the theater is really spectacular and well worth a visit - and the guided tours are cheaper than opera tickets ;-)

On my way back, I followed the sound of drums and found a drum/dance group practicing in a park. From what I saw on youtube later it probably was a samba group. They looked incredibly alive, and I instantly loved the rhythms. All too soon, however, their practice session was finished.

Later in the evening I went out to see a flamenco show at a place called El Perro Andaluz with a couple of people I met in the hostel. The show was great, but I have to admit - I liked the samba rhythms better... :-)