Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 33: Sick in Buenos Aires

It had to happen at some point, and now it has: I caught a cold. I didn't feel up to much today - every movement was super exhausting. Good that I didn't stay in Habana for the marathon. There's no way I could have competed in anything except idling today.

So I only went out for a short time to go see the weekly antiques fair in San Telmo. There were stalls selling everything from art to jewelery to books to pots and pans.



There were also some music performers and street artists.



It was very nice to look at and enjoy the atmosphere, though I was only able to move at a snail's pace and didn't have the intention of buying anything.

I used the metro - called Subte - to get to the fair. The tickets are unbelievably cheap: one ride costs just 1.10 pesos. In addition to the ride, you also get free and fast wifi down in the station. Now that's what I call service! :-)
Another good service are the entrances: they all have signs indicating the status for the metro lines. So you know immediately if there are any problems - even with lines you want to connect to.