Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 31: Buenos Aires

My flight arrived on time, at quarter to seven in the morning. Immigration was a breeze, and the officer wasn't even concerned that I didn't have accommodation yet :-)

After hanging around for a bit at the airport to get money and a printed travel guide, I got on a bus to take me to the city center. The availability of information about buses - a monitor in the baggage claim area said which bus to take, and how much it costs - was only one of many good surprises today.

The bus took nearly two hours - but the price of two pesos (divide by 5 to arrive at a euro approximation) was simply unbeatable. Plus, it was like a free sightseeing tour, so the time definitely wasn't wasted.

I spent the rest of the day catching up on information and communication, enjoying the hostel's free wifi. Even when walking around the city, it's amazing how many free access points there are. It feels great to be back online!