Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 8: Playa Santa Lucía

Starting today, I'm treating myself to a four-day break at an all-inclusive resort.

Originally, my intention had been to catch a bus to Playa Santa Lucía, stay in the cheapest hotel and go diving. When it proved difficult to find out where the bus leaves (and when), I went to a travel agency to ask if they had any tours available. They did - and the offer was surprisingly good: four nights, everything included - food, drinks, transportation - for just 129 pesos (about 93€). I guess I would have paid more if I had arranged everything myself. If you want to have a look, the hotel is called Mayanabo. I saw some signs put up by German operator Thomas Cook, so they should have it in their catalogue.



So here I am sitting at the hotel pool sipping a cop of coffee while 20km of white sand beach are just a few steps away. Earlier today I went for a little barefoot run on the beach - great!

Tomorrow I'm going to check out the dive center - supposedly there are some great dive sites around :-)

By the way, I found out today that all the image editing apps I have on my phone discard location information when saving edits. So I'll only be posting raw images which might not always be perfect, but at least they're geotagged... Sorry!