Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 6 - Camagüey

About three years ago, the historical center of Camagüey was made a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. Whether it deserves that title or not - Camagüey definitely is a charming city.





I spent most of the day just walking around and looking at the historic (read: old) houses, churches and plazas. I even got a glimpse of Cuba's railway - suddenly I'm not so sure anymore I want to make a part of my journey with the train...



Goosebump moment of the day: I was walking along a pedestrian zone when I heard - very faintly at first - the whistling at the beginning of "Wind of Change" by the Scorpions. I followed the sound and found that the song was playing over a speaker mounted in the street. I wonder who was responsible for playing that song - and whether they knew what meaning it held?