Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 90: Caburgua

Today was kind of a slow day. After two days of getting up way too early, I had some sleeping to do in the morning. After lunch, I took a bus to the Ojos de Caburgua, a couple of waterfalls feeding incredibly blue lagoons.

This is the view from one side of it:



And this is Laguna Azul (I wonder how many lakes called Laguna Azul there are in the world?):



If you want to see the view from the other side, they try to make you go all the way around and pay twice instead of just providing a bridge... As it turns out, the river has some stones in it and is not entirely uncrossable. So this is how the waterfalls look from the other side:



...and with me in front:



After that, I walked a for a bit to get to Lago Caburgua which unfortunately wasn't all that special - or maybe it was just the cloudy weather, who knows.



So now I'm waiting for the night bus to Santiago - 800 km to the north, and about five degrees hotter than here. I'm curious!