Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 77: Hiking back to Bariloche

Instead of hiking straight back down to Bariloche in the morning, I chose to make a detour (again) to visit Laguna Los Témpanos. The detour was supposed to take half an hour one way, but I had trouble finding the right way a few times (trail marking is really a lot worse here compared to the alps), so I took quite a bit longer than that. The lake was nice, but not as spectacular as the one next to the refugio:





So, when I started the real hike down, I was already worn down from both the detour and the previous two days, and not really in the mood for hiking anymore. There were some nice views on the way:





But by far the best view was this, marking the end of the trail:



The end of the trail did not correspond to the beginning of Bariloche, however. At the Club Andino Bariloche (the local mountaineering association), they had told me that it was another two kilometers to the nearest bus stop. As it turned out, it was more like seven. SEVEN! Shouldn't people be able to tell the difference between two and seven?

I definitely need a break from hiking after this! In the evening, I celebrated this resolution with a nice bottle of Argentinian shiraz ;-)