Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 149: Serere (4)

Today we had another rainy morning, so we did another jewelry-making session ;-) This time, I made and polished the entire ring myself. This is a picture of the ring's raw material with the two finished pieces:



I also took a few pictures of the main house:



During our afternoon walk, we were lucky enough to spot a sloth - or rather, my guide spotted it, and then it took me several minutes to see it too ;-) As the zoom on my camera isn't very powerful, you can try it too - the sloth is somewhere in this picture:



We also saw these great samples of yellow fungi - what amazing colors!



On my way back to my hut at night, I saw a paca crossing the path just before me. Pacas are nocturnal animals the size of a small dog with a rat-like appearance, but with stripes on their backs and without tails. What an amazing feeling, encountering animals without the guide having to point them out :-)