Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 120: To Sucre

We left Potosí in the morning to go to Sucre, a mere three hours away. In the bus, I noticed a pattern that I've observed in all Bolivian buses so far. Always towards the end of the journey, there is an old, or at least old-looking, lady going through the bus collecting the tickets. My guess is that she might be the driver's wife, and that they can work/travel together this way. Anyway, it is an interesting contrast to Argentina and Chile, where there were always two men working on the bus, and never any women.

In Sucre, we started walking around the center, looking for a hostel. We asked at quite a few places, but they were either full, expensive, or had no wifi. After maybe two hours, we finally found a place - and I resolved to start booking hostels ahead again. Walking around with a heavy backpack and no tangible end in sight is a little too frustrating for me ;-)

In the evening, we had a small birthday party with drinks, snacks, nice dinner, more drinks, and cake (in that order). I even got a free burning shot and a birthday miner's hat at the first place :-)



And these are the girls I celebrated with:



Thanks for making this a great night!