Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 122: Oruro

My night bus to Oruro arrived at 3 am - what a crappy time to arrive! I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hostel, nor did I want to wander around the city alone at night, so I stayed in the terminal until morning, happy that I at least had a mobile internet plan :-)

The rest of the day I was dead tired, of course, so I just managed to have a good look at the carnival preparations on the streets. This is the main parade street:



I also bought a seat at one of the galleries along the main street. The seats are all put up by the people who own roadside property, so there are hundreds of different vendors you can ask for availabilities. This is my seat seen from the back:



It was really difficult to find a place to eat - especially breakfast - aside from street vendors. The whole town appeared to have been closed down for carnival...