Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 43: Reggaeton

Another day of Spanish classes. The classes consist of a balanced mix of activities so they never get boring - what a relief ;-). If I was studying alone, I'd probably move at a faster pace and be more superficial about everything. So the good thing is that this way I'm forced to practice and memorize everything properly ;-)

In the afternoon, I joined a Reggaeton dance class offered by the school. I had no idea what to expect - I couldn't even tell which kind of music we would dance to. Turns out Reggaeton is some kind of hip-hop music. Not exactly my style, but the class was a lot of fun regardless.

The instructor taught us a few simple moves and then combined them to a small choreography. We all had a really good time learning and dancing (and sweating), and the class was over much too soon :-)

In the evening, I discovered a new drink: the Argentino. It is vaguely similar to hot chocolate, but uses Dulce de Leche instead of chocolate, and thus has a very intense caramel taste. Very very yummy!