Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Days 215-217: Studying in Guayaquil

I mostly stayed in to read these three days. I figured I could maybe lighten my load during the CELTA course that starts next Monday - it's been advertised as super intensive - if I knew the course materials beforehand. That way, my head also has some more time to wrap itself around the new terminology and abbreviations used in English language teaching (apparently referred to as ELT - and that's one of the more straightforward abbreviations...)

Pretty much the only thing I did outside of the hostel was visit one of the nearby malls to drink coffee and shop for groceries. Yes, you read right: there was more than one mall within easy walking distance! They were spacious, air-conditioned, and western-looking - it seems that currency is not the only aspect where Ecuador resembles, or tries to resemble, the United States. But in fact, I rather liked them - a little bit of cool relief from the humid heat in Guayaquil :-)