Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 195: Back in Lima

First thing in the morning, I finally had the phone interview that, as the last part in the application process for the CELTA course, decides whether somebody is accepted into the course or not. The interview was actually quite agreeable. I got to ask all the questions I still had about the course, and the question of my acceptance never seemed to be in question. So starting May 28th, I'll be starting the five-week course in a little ecoresort on a sand dune in Ecuador. I'm really excited about all the things I'm gonna learn :-)

For lunch, I went to a nearby restaurant to eat Peru's national dish, Ceviche. On the menu, they had a sticker demanding that they shouldn't give a DNI (the national identification card) to people who don't like Ceviche. Ceviche being as delicious as it is, I can't really imagine why anyone wouldn't want to have it twice a day for the rest of their lives ;-)