Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 214: To Guayaquil

Today it was time to say goodbye to Cuenca, and to the German bakery I had found not far from my hostel. The bakery is run by Germans and has a wonderful selection of German-style bread. I tried the curd-and-flaxseed variant - heavenly! So I wanted to take the opportunity and stock up on yummy German bread to take with me to Guayaquil - you never know when you might find the next good bakery on this continent ;-)

Alas, when I got to the bakery in the morning, I found out that it was Saturday, and the bakery closed. Damn!

Like many travelers, I often lose track of dates and days of the week. Surprisingly, I rarely have problems with closed shops or unavailable services - which probably explains why I don't make more of an effort to remember what day it is ;-)