Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 316: To Tamarindo

Today we left Liberia to spend the rest of our time in Costa Rica at the Pacific coast. There are about a thousand beaches there, so we picked one of them more or less randomly: Tamarindo. Tamarindo has the advantage of both being close to a national park and being accessible by a good paved road.

The beach is beautiful, seemingly endless, and not very crowded at this time of year. 


There was a fleet of small tourist and fishing boats lying in the bay just in front of the beach. Since it's low season, they don't see a lot of business right now. Their white color stood out nicely against the dark clouds:


I know I keep repeating myself concerning the low/rainy season. But it's really amazing to me just how low low season is in Costa Rica. I've traveled through other low seasons during my trip, but Costa Rica seems almost deserted. Maybe because it's such a huge family holiday destination - unlike most of the other places I've visited?