Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 408: Research Day

Today was another day I dedicated to catching up on research and drafting ideas for my future there. I am making progress, but much more remains to be done - which is a good thing, because I rather enjoy it.

I am still struggling with two things that make my undertaking hard at times. First, I find that I constantly have to justify "doing nothing" to fellow travelers - and to myself. While I can explain quite well what I am doing and why, some part of me seems to think that nevertheless I should achieve more in terms of traveling.

And second, it is difficult to find suitable places to work. Some hostels have lovely sitting areas with proper chairs and tables, but most of them cater to the party crowd with a bunch of sofas and loud music playing all day. The dorms themselves are quieter, but sitting on a bed always makes me sleepy. Coffee shops are among my favorite places to escape hostel noise, but I don't really want to sit there for longer than two to three hours. So in essence, every working day is also a quest for a quiet space to work in.