Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sweets (1)

I promised a blog post about Japanese sweets a long time ago... well, I discovered that I have collected enough pictures for about five posts. So, here they come:

These look like french fries. Appearances are deceiving though - the only similarity to french fries is the raw material - sweet potatoes, in this case. You can't really see it in the picture, but the potato sticks were coated with some sugary stuff, not as sweet as I would have expected, but not bad overall.

I have no idea what these are made from. But they were delicious. And sweet.

Mini-doughnuts, what can I say. Very good!

Some sort of biscuit with peanut butter inside. A little sweet, but overall - too bland for my taste.

The leaf is edible, apparently. Inside the leaf is a white ball (no idea what it's made of) filled with red bean paste. Seems to be a very popular sweet because it's sold everywhere... it wasn't bad, but somehow not entirely my taste ;-)