Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Welcome to the Playground of my Life!

So, this is gonna be my new virtual home for (at least) the next year or so. I'll write about all the exciting adventures - and maybe also the day to day stuff - that I experience on the road.

On the road? Oh yes, I will spend my next year traveling! My big trip will take me to Central and South America and South-East Asia, or to be precise: to Cuba, Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and India.

Why make such a trip - and why now? Well, some of you might have read about my issues with academia. These led me straight into a crisis of meaning - if I don't like my job anymore, then what? What am I to do? What do I even like to do? So when I still hadn't come up with anything good after a while, I decided to take a major break to travel, see the world, and re-think my life.

At the moment, I have no idea what my future may bring. Strangely though, I am optimistic that something will come up during my travels, that I will find a worthwile occupation for the time after.

But until then, I am simply determined to live in the moment, to enjoy every second of life as much as possible, and to learn from all those bits that I don't enjoy.

I'm leaving Germany in the middle of October, and my preparations are already well underway. I'll write some more about them in a few days... so stay tuned! :-)